[mary-users] Unit Selection Dictionary

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Mon Oct 13 16:38:04 CEST 2014

Dear Norm,

the transcription used in MaryTTS is basically SAMPA with a few
diacritic customizations.

Please be aware that all pronunciation prediction occurs *before* the
synthesis module, cf.
http://mary.dfki.de/documentation/module-architecture.html which means
that it is independent of which type of voice is used. In fact, you can
synthesize up to ALLOPHONES without any voice on the classpath for that
locale.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar