[mary-users] Mary TTS / MaryClientUser.java example

blsn2020 at gmail.com blsn2020 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:24:00 CEST 2015

Hi,

The Mary TTS voices sounds great.

I installed Mary TTS (version 5.1.2) on my Windows (and Linux computers).

I started the Mary TTS server and the Mary TTS client, and I did some trials
with text to audio conversion in the GUI window.

I hope I'm not bothering you with too much of a newbie questions.

Now, I'm trying to run the MaryClientUser.java example.

Compiling doesn't work, the .class is not created.

I've spent a few hours over the last couple of days on this issue but with
no success.

The following note is mentioned in the example file, (p.s. I can't find
'maryclient.jar'):

/**

* A demo class illustrating how to use the MaryClient class.

* This will connect to a MARY server, version 4.x.

* It requires maryclient.jar from MARY 4.0.

* This works transparently with MARY servers in both http and socket server
mode.

*

 * Compile this as follows:

* <code>javac -cp maryclient.jar MaryClientUser.java</code>

*

 * And run as:

* <code>java -cp .:maryclient.jar MaryClientUser</code>

*

 * @author marc

*

*/

However I get the following error message:

----------

C:\Users\Mike\Documents\DreamwaveDocs\edchant>javac -cp maryclient.jar
MaryClientUser.java

MaryClientUser.java:43: error: package marytts.util.data.audio does not
exist

import marytts.util.data.audio.AudioPlayer;

                              ^

MaryClientUser.java:44: error: package marytts.client does not exist

import marytts.client.MaryClient;

                     ^

MaryClientUser.java:45: error: package marytts.util.http does not exist

import marytts.util.http.Address;

                        ^

MaryClientUser.java:71: error: cannot find symbol

        MaryClient mary = MaryClient.getMaryClient(new Address(serverHost,
serve

rPort));

        ^

  symbol:   class MaryClient

  location: class MaryClientUser

MaryClientUser.java:71: error: cannot find symbol

        MaryClient mary = MaryClient.getMaryClient(new Address(serverHost,
serve

rPort));

                                                       ^

  symbol:   class Address

  location: class MaryClientUser

MaryClientUser.java:71: error: cannot find symbol

        MaryClient mary = MaryClient.getMaryClient(new Address(serverHost,
serve

rPort));

                          ^

  symbol:   variable MaryClient

  location: class MaryClientUser

MaryClientUser.java:100: error: cannot find symbol

        AudioPlayer ap = new AudioPlayer(ais, lineListener);

        ^

  symbol:   class AudioPlayer

  location: class MaryClientUser

MaryClientUser.java:100: error: cannot find symbol

        AudioPlayer ap = new AudioPlayer(ais, lineListener);

                             ^

  symbol:   class AudioPlayer

  location: class MaryClientUser

8 errors