[mary-users] Fwd: Issues on MaryTTS with SSML Prosody Tag

姚晋 ellljoy.iot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:57:14 CET 2016

Hello all,

I am using the MaryTTS in an English prosody study, but meet some problem
as list below, please help check if it is the problem of my SSML or there
is a problem in Mary with SSML, thanks in advance:

1. The link to user documentation doesn't work (404 Not found) (
http://mary.opendfki.de/trac/wiki/ProsodySpecificationSupport). As shown in
attachment 1.

2. I use the MaryTTS GUI directly for synthesizing speech with SSML, and
find "volume" tag works in Bing Speech API, but seems not working in Mary.
But it works if I modify "volume" with "Audio Effects" GUI directly. Please
refer attachment 2.1 for SSML, and 2.2 for analysis with Praat.

3. "pitch" tag works for hmm-based voice, but not work accurately for
unit-selection voice. Please refer attachment 3.1 for SSML, and 3.2 for
analysis with Praat.

Best Regards,
Gavin