[mary-users] Fwd: Issues on MaryTTS with SSML Prosody Tag

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Tue Nov 8 11:03:17 CET 2016

Hi Gavin,

On 08.11.16 01:26, 姚晋 wrote:
> Hello Dr. Steiner,
>
> Thanks for your detailed answer.
>
> For the link to prosody documentation, I checked with different time
> (last Friday and today), as well as different people (myself and my
> friends), there is still a problem in connection failure. Is it possible
> that you can access it as you are using intranet with the server, but it
> might be different for external visitors?

I've tried from different external networks, with different browsers,
and the only problem I noticed was a single timeout, which went away
after refreshing. I suspect that either your browser is too impatient,
or that it doesn't trust the certificate, but I can't reproduce the issue.

If the problem persists, please contact admin at opendfki.de.

> I tried to check the documentation for the mapping between MaryXML
> prosody value range to the measurement unit, for example:
>
> - What is the default value for volume in dB? What is the default value
> for speaking rate in syllable/s?, etc.

Because the volume is not processed in any way, it would be whatever was
in the original recordings.

> - Regarding the range for manipulating volume in Mary GUI is [0.0,
> 10.0], is 1 scale for +6dB?

If you are referring to the "Audio Effects" in the browser (or java
client) GUI, that has nothing to do with the synthesis, and is simply a
DSP filter applied to the output audio. As you can see in the source
code [^1], the volume there is simply a linear scaling of the sample values.

> As I still had the connection problem to that website, could you share a
> PDF documentation with me by email if you have?

I've merged that page into the GitHub wiki for convenience:

https://github.com/marytts/marytts/wiki/ProsodySpecificationSupport

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

[^1]: