[mary-users] Getting running for Russian

Michael Pozhidaev michael.pozhidaev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 05:39:40 CEST 2016

Hi Ingmar,

Thank you! Nickolay and me talked a bit, and I have tried what MaryTTS
is able to do for Russian at the moment. Yes, it is still, evidently, a
plenty of work to do to get proper quality. I will continue discussions
with Nickolay trying to understand what we can do with it.

Anyway, there is one more important question to me please! What do you think, may we
expect Mary TTS response latensy suitable for real time navigation of
the blind on the computer?

Meaning, it is a general question, do you think that algorithmic
hardness of calculations in Mary TTS can be reasonably considered as
slow for real-time interaction?

It is difficult to me right now to try it experimentally, so let me
please just ask you about it.

Thank you a lot! Whatever we find out about Mary TTS, I still think it is
a very interesting project. So I really would like to understand what we
can do to make it practically usable for the blind in Russia.

Good luck! :))

--
Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia.
Russian info page: http://www.marigostra.ru/