[mary-users] MaryTTS Viseme data

Joan Pere Sanchez kaiserjp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 20:05:04 CEST 2017

Hi Dave,

This task is the main goal of my PhD thesis. I'm doing lip-sync from the
input text over the time duration estimation done while the speech is
generated. You can develop your own strategy for lip/mouth synchronization,
but often this is an avatar (or interface -I'm using a talking head too-)
dependent task. So, if you are using an avatar, it depends if you can use
blend shapes to mix by interpolation from the initial pose to the next one.
Most of MPEG-4 systems are able to do that automatically.
On one hand, you have each phoneme and their start and finish time. On the
other hand, you can adjust a set of visemes for each basic expression (no
more than 15 are needed) and then choose the sequence corresponding to each
word you are generating. It's the more efficient and simple way to have an
effective lip synchronization.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you want more info or refs about.

Bes regards,

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to MaryTTS, tried to call its API via:
>
> AudioInputStream audio = mary.generateAudio("testing");
>
> Now I want to animate mouth/lip shapes at runtime based on the audio
> sound, how to achieve that? are there any viseme data associated with the
> audio?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dave

*Joan Pere Sànchez Pellicer*