[mary-users] Tag creation MaryTTS

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Wed Mar 8 11:41:35 CET 2017

Hi Jordi,

if you want to impose some predetermined prosody (specifically, duration
and F0) on the synthesis process, then the established technique for
doing this with MaryTTS is to generate MaryXML with the desired duration
(`d`) and `f0` attributes.

However, you should be aware that depending on your synthesis backend
(unit-selection, HSMM, or diphone), your mileage may vary -- the
realized prosody after synthesis will probably differ to some extent
from your specification.

If you need further guidance, please ask technical questions on the
GitHub issue tracker.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar