[Rock-dev] roby: instanciate -o crashes

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Apr 26 13:53:52 CEST 2011

On 04/26/2011 01:49 PM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the probability that the roby script instanciate crashes because of an
> error in graphviz increases with the complexity of the used deployments
> and compositions.
>
> Now I reached a point there nearly all calls to instanciate -o end up in
> a double free or corruption error (see backtrace).
>
> Is there another way to display the deployments or to check if
> everything is set up like expected?

Is ruby crashing or dot crashing ?

If it is dot, try -ox11 and/or --no-compositions. Alternatively, you can
try -odot and check whether you can make dot stop crashing on that
particular graph (and share the result with us ;-))

Finally, you would have to read the text version. Annoying, but doable
(i.e., don't give any -o option)