[Rock-dev] Adding "Simple" timestamped values

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Mon Aug 8 19:18:36 CEST 2011

On 08.08.2011 17:50, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 08/08/2011 04:37 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> I've created an class:
>>
>> namespace base
>> {
>>           template<class T>
>>           class Stamped{
>>                   public:
>>
>>                   T value;
>>                   base::Time time;
>>           };
>>
>>           typedef Stamped<std::string>     StampedString;
>>           typedef Stamped<double>
>> StampedDouble;
>>           typedef Stamped<float>                           StampedFloat;
>>           typedef Stamped<int>
>> StampedInt;
>> }
>>

>> If there is nothing againt it i will push it tomorrow.
> I am right now, out of gut feelings, completely 200% against it.
>
> Could you actually give us more context ?
>
> Sylvain

Currently i need and simple "Comment" message. for this i need an string
and the timestamp. In the past i had often the usecase to output basic
data with an timestamp (light values, depth (okay depth is an rbs) or
other simple sensor values, for this would be great to have an "base" type.

Sometimes also for debugging purpuse i would like to have doubles that
can be easily plottet without creating classes for this.

Matthias

  Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik

  Standort Bremen: