[Rock-dev] Problems with Types

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Aug 9 16:28:02 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011 04:18 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> I had the problem that i can't create the logger port manually, the type
> seems not valid:
>
> the output from the logger is:
>
> cannot find /seegrip/CommentMessage in the type info repository
>
> when i call:
> logger.createLoggingPort("seegrip.comments","/seegrip/CommentMessage")
It means that the RTT typekit that corresponds to seegrip/CommentMessage
did not get loaded in the deployment.

Are you starting a logger "alone", i.e. without a task that provides the
corresponding type ? If that is the case, then the typekit might not get
added by orogen (and you unfortunately have no way to force its loading
right now ... sorry).

Workaround: add the logger task to a deployment in which a task
generates /seegrip/CommentMessage

And, as always please ask these questions on rock-dev