[Rock-dev] Adding "Simple" timestamped values

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:59:35 CEST 2011

2011/8/8 Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de>

> On 08/08/2011 04:37 PM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> > I've created an class:
> >
> > namespace base
> > {
> >           template<class T>
> >           class Stamped{
> >                   public:
> >
> >                   T value;
> >                   base::Time time;
> >           };
> >
> >           typedef Stamped<std::string>     StampedString;
> >           typedef Stamped<double>                          StampedDouble;
> >           typedef Stamped<float>                           StampedFloat;
> >           typedef Stamped<int>
> StampedInt;
> > }
> >

> > If there is nothing againt it i will push it tomorrow.
> I am right now, out of gut feelings, completely 200% against it.

Could you actually give us more context ?

I am interested in details about this. I have often thougth about such
solution when receiving information from hardware that are computed later.
Because what is often enougth is to have a precise  timestamp of all your
measures, computing later is not a problem. What do you do in such a context
?