[Rock-dev] Patch "add --prefix" to Roby

Chris Müller christoph.mueller at dfki.de
Thu Aug 11 16:17:33 CEST 2011

Hi Sylvain

i've implemented now an easy combination of both approaches:
First it's possible now to add the "robot_type" to the commandline arguments
for each deployment as :prefix => "robot_type" option pair.

I'm sure this feature is not always wanted for other robotic systems.
Therefore
its necessary to activate it within config/app.yml by adding:

robottype_deployment_prefix: true

Of course, It's also possible to add the "robot_name" to the prefix
argument.
But i only use the robot_type first for now  because the name is also ofteny
used for a distinction for the real system and its simulation. Therefore
Prefix-IDs e.g. in form of "simulation_0" is probably not wanted for the
FAMOS/Communication Components. I guess, we would need an additional
convention for that within
the FAMOS/Communication sources that uses this prefix.

All changes are only present in Orocos.rb. If nobody complains, i can
push my changes to master
or use another branch :].

Chris