[Rock-dev] LD_LIBRARY_PATH and Qt::UiLoader Segfault

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Wed Aug 31 11:59:03 CEST 2011

On 08/31/2011 11:18 AM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> Someone extended the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH (env.sh) with
> "/lib". The Qt::UiLoader cannot handle this and crashes.
>
> Question:
> -Why was /lib added?
It is a byproduct of the workaround in autobuild for debian rolling out
multiarch.

In a nutshell, on Debian, pkg-config and libraries can now get installed
in /lib/<ARCH> and /usr/lib/<ARCH>

To avoid issues with that, I started adding these to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I also added them to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as at the time I
saw no drawbacks.
> -Has someone else the same problem?
How can I reproduce ? I tried loading the UILoader and starting the Qt
designer, and had no problems