[Rock-dev] [rock] #84: task-inspector: opening a task inspector could create connections right away

rock noreply at opendfki.de
Thu Dec 1 16:27:38 CET 2011

#84: task-inspector: opening a task inspector could create connections right
away
    Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
 The issue I currently have (and I don't know if it really is a bug) is the
 following:

 When a task inspector is opened on a task, the connections
 between the ports and the widget are not created right away.
 This leads to issues when I try to script the startup of tasks and create
 a widget at the same time, as I don't get my task's results (assuming
 tasks that don't produce data often, i.e. planners)

 The example is:

 {{{
 Orocos.run corridor_planner::Task => "task" do
   task = Orocos::TaskContext.get 'task'
   Vizkit.display(task)
   task.configure
   task.start
   Vizkit.exec
 end
 }}}

 At the point where Vizkit.exec is called, the data is already generated
 and the task inspector does not display it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://rock.opendfki.de/ticket/84>
rock <https://rock.opendfki.de>