[Rock-dev] roby shell

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Mon Dec 12 15:52:53 CET 2011

On 12/12/2011 03:25 PM, Chris Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have only two questions about the roby shell provided by each
> supervision (./scripts/shell):
>
> 1) For some weeks ago the shell couldn't be used because of some changes
> in orocos.rb.
> Is it currently fixed in our latest version on branch: master? If i try
> to start it, i always
> get an error message shown in the end of this mail. (We also override
> our droby ports and
> local process server in our setup, but i removed it temporarely in order
> test the shell).
I've pushed a fix for it. Please test and report.

> 2) Does anyone currently know the commands for reloading all properties
> and deployments at runtime in the supervision
> usable via the shell? If it's not currently implemented, it would be
> also great to provide a help command
> in the shell for showing all current utility methods :] or some hints on
> the website.
Yeah. The documentation of the whole rock/roby stuff sucks big time.

There's some info in the (recently added) system management tutorials:

http://rock-robotics.org/documentation/system_management_tutorials/500_config_files.html

Feel free to implement an extensible command documentation system for
the Roby shell ;-)
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics