[Rock-dev] Rock packages documentation

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Thu Jan 13 23:15:51 CET 2011

Am 12.01.2011 um 20:11 schrieb gprizzi at tin.it:

>  I had a look to packages that are available in rock.
>  I found a lot of potentially intereting ones but I am in troble trying to use them.
>
>  I am interested in camera interface package and tried to isnspect API documentation.
>  when I was on the following page
>
>  http://rock-robotics.org/api/drivers/camera_interface/index.html
>
> I clicked on the link   "example.cpp"  but I didn't get the source code of the example.

You are right the example file is missing. I am going to add it tomorrow. But, this class is a pure virtual class which is used to hide cameras from different brands behind the same interface. We are going to push an implementation for Prosilica GigE cameras the next days. Implementations for Guppy, Gumstix Cameras and USB Cameras maybe follow later.

>  I am very interested in gui/vizkit too and I would like to know where  I could found documentation and examples that
>  show how to use it.

All the documentation we have so far can be found at www.rock-robotics.org. More documentation will follow soon. Especially the ruby part of vizkit (2D visualization) should be documented by the end of next week.

Alex