[Rock-dev] [CruiseControl] rock_bootstrap build cc314b4.24 failed

Peter Soetens peter at thesourceworks.com
Wed Jan 26 12:19:02 CET 2011

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 12:03:49 Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 11:07 AM, Peter Soetens wrote:
> > I'd prefer that cruisecontrol mails the one that broke the build. I'm
> > this-> close to filtering out all CruiseControl messages.
>
> The problem with doing that is how to make cruisecontrol recognize
> whether the failure of today is the same failure than yesterday ?
>
> Is Hudson (which as far as I understood is what you use for orocos)
> better in that respect ?

It's a radio button we toggle to email the committers between two builds. The
official help of this option is this:

"If this option is checked, the notification e-mail will be sent to individuals
who have committed changes for the broken build (by assuming that those
changes broke the build).
If e-mail addresses are also specified in the recipient list, then both the
individuals as well as the specified addresses get the notification e-mail. If
the recipient list is empty, then only the individuals will receive e-mails."

So it's a rough heuristic on the 'safe side'.

That said, I'm not entirely happy with the 'git' support in hudson. It works
sort-of, but you can't for example check out multiple git repos for one
project. Well, you can, but they are all checked out in the same
directory/repository !! So testing the rtt + ocl combo for example, would
already require to write my own git magic instead of using the hudson plugin
for git. I wouldn't recommend moving to hudson if you have something working
already :-)

Peter