[Rock-dev] [CruiseControl] rock_bootstrap build cc314b4.24 failed

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Thu Jan 27 11:32:41 CET 2011

On 01/27/2011 10:53 AM, Jakob Schwendner wrote:
>>> I would not use the manifest field, but the email in the commit.
>>> Basically perform an autoproj status before the build-all, and grep all
>>> email addresses into a file.
>> Sounds reasonable, but even more work ;-)
> really? I would imagine you just need to get autoproj status to also
> display the email address (maybe with a switch). This should be simple
> enough (it's using grit, right?)
No, it is not using grit. And not all importers have email addresses.

Actually, only the git one has, and it is not using grit as grit was
unusable at the time I wrote the git importer.

Since rock uses mostly git, I guess we could go your way. But the
autobuild API has to go for the common denominator. I guess we could put
the email address in all "status" messages, but that would be annoying.

> and then do:
> autoproj status | grep -o '[[:alnum:]+\.\_\-]*@[[:alnum:]+\.\_\-]*' >>
> suspects.txt
>
> or am I missing something?
  - need to integrate in the build server process (i.e. modify the build
    scripts)
  - need to write the mailer that goes with it.
  - need to take care of the cleaning up logic
  - if the address does not exist (there has been quite a few commits
    with a nonexisting email address in some projects), where does it
    go ? (and how do you detect it ?)

As always, implementing is probably not be the most time consuming but
in this case testing is. And we have other MUCH MORE urgent things to do
in iMoby right now.
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics