[Rock-dev] Create BaseType for FibreOpticGyro

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Fri Jul 15 13:21:58 CEST 2011

On 15.07.2011 12:35, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 07/15/2011 12:12 PM, Alexander Duda wrote:
>
>> Do not we have problems with lost packages?
>>
> I have not seen a complete analysis of the problem.
>

>> In this case I would leave
>> the accumulation to the device. It would be a lot more stable.
>>
> You could accumulate in the driver as well. Anyway, accumulating in the
> device/driver and letting the user do the differentiation *is* indeed
> more robust. That's how odometry is handled in iMoby (and, when I was
> there, at LAAS) for instance.

But in this case we need an data type for accumulated rotations
(unimportand if the driver or device do this).

I whould recommend:

Extending the IMUSensor for invalidatation of axis and sensors.
Extending the IMUSensor for Accumulated Gyro values to make the handling
better and be on the safe site and let the modules later on do the
differentiation.

But the mode (non-differential or accumulated) should be handled by the
Driver.
In accumulated mode the Driver could do the differentiation and
vise-versa for rad/s mode to set the members in the new IMUSensors module?!.

Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik