[Rock-dev] [rock] #26: Orocos Task: port_driven stops woriking

Peter Soetens peter at thesourceworks.com
Wed Jun 15 10:13:37 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 15 June 2011 10:03:36 rock wrote:
> #26: Orocos Task: port_driven stops woriking
>     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
>  updateHook() is never triggered again if someone does not call read on the
>  driven port and the buffer is full.

In a strict sense, this is correct behavior: There is no new data. We'll have
to make circular buffers in order to keep the new data and signal that to the
component. Since updateHook() was called at least once (buffer has size of at
least 1), you could always call trigger() if your code counts on being woken
up again.

Peter