[Rock-dev] Base::Pointcloud

Yuping Shi yuping.shi at dfki.de
Mon Jun 20 11:03:20 CEST 2011

 ​hey,

 As pointcloud is a very generic data type, maybe we should come to an agreement
how it looks like and put it under base class so that everyone can use.

 In ROS, it is defined as:

 Header header
      uint32 seq
      time stamp
      string frame_id
  geometry_msgs/Point32[] points
      float32 x
      float32 y
      float32 z
  ChannelFloat32[] channels // which holds optional data associated with each
point in the cloud (not sure what it means)
      string name
      float32[] values

 a simple translation could be:

 #include <vector>
  #include <base/time.h>
  #include <base/eigen.h>

  namespace base
  {
    typedef base::Vector3d    Point;

    struct Pointcloud
    {
      Time stamp;

      std::vector<base::Point> points;
    };
  }

 If nobody against it, I gonna put it under /base/types/base, feel free to make
changes or add more functions to fit your own needs.

 Best,
 Yuping
  --
  Dipl. Inf. Yuping Shi