[Rock-dev] Failing unit tests for RTT rock-master branch

Peter Soetens peter at thesourceworks.com
Thu Mar 31 13:42:22 CEST 2011

On Thursday 31 March 2011 12:53:21 Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 11:52 AM, Peter Soetens wrote:
> > 9: Test command:
> > /home/kaltan/src/git/orocos-toolchain/rtt/build/tests/mqueue-test 9:
> > Test timeout computed to be: 1500
> > 9: Running 5 test cases...
> > 9: /home/kaltan/src/git/orocos-toolchain/rtt/tests/mqueue_test.cpp(361):
> > fatal error in "testVectorTransport": critical check vout.createStream(
> > policy ) failed
>
> This is due to createAndCheckStream trying to get a size_hint itself,
> and uses OutputPort::getDataSource() for that. I'm really confused
> there, as the MQ transport does this already by itself. So what's the
> point ?

It's there for out-of-band transports. Say that you use CORBA to create two
mqueue streams between A and B. A creates the first stream, queries for the
size of the data, and then, over corba, creates a stream at B, with the same
data size. As such, both endpoints are created with the correct setting.

> That's another change you might have overlooked (but that we did discuss
> in advance ;-)): OutputPort::getDataSource() returns 0 as there are no
> data sources for DataObject<T> !

I need more time to think about this. We could create a datasource that reads
the data object...

Peter