[Rock-dev] [Auv_studpro] Avalon: OpenCV

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Wed May 4 10:34:53 CEST 2011

For starters, I would be glad if this whole discussion moves, starting
from now, to rock-dev. This whole opencv "svn or debian package" thing
is a very general issue and it would be good if everyone sees the result
of it (and participates in the discussion if needed)

On 05/03/2011 10:54 PM, Peter Busse wrote:
 > der Befehl fördert folgendes zu Tage:
 >
 > $ autoproj --os-version
 >   autodetecting the operating system
 > name(s): ubuntu, debian
 > version(s): natty, 11.04, default
First answer: yes, it is normal that the OS name contains ubuntu and
debian. The order matters: osdeps will try ubuntu first, and fallback to
debian if there are no ubuntu entries.

> opencv:
> [blabla]
> ubuntu:
> '11.04':
> external/OpenCV-2.2.0
1. opencv is redefined in a lot of places. You should check in the
    startup output of autoproj, if there is no WARN: line saying
    that your opencv definition is overridden
2. If (1) is not the main reason, I don't know why the version is not
    picked up. If (1) is not the main reason, could you copy/paste
    INCLUDING the blabla ?

Moreover, the way you do thing is not going to work out on the current
version of autoproj (actually, it will never work out this way, I'm
planning to improve on the "using either osdeps or source package"
front, but not the way you are doing it right now).

With the current version of autoproj, to use source packages if you want
it, you will need to define the source package as "opencv", i.e.

cmake_package "opencv" do |pkg|
   [setup]
end
move_package "opencv", "external"

Then, create a file autoproj/overrides.osdeps and add the following line
to it

opencv:

It should undefine opencv, in which case autoproj will pick up the
source package.
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics