[Rock-dev] autoproj question

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Wed May 11 11:53:11 CEST 2011

On 05/11/2011 11:17 AM, Steffen Planthaber wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> Is there an option to set the number of threads used when compiling?
>
> Thomas couldn't answer that question.
>
> I recognized autoproj compiles with 8 cores on my i7, which is awfully
> slow, because there are just 4 real cores with hyperthreading.
(most of) customization options are documented there:

    http://rock-robotics.org/autoproj/advanced/customization.html

In your case, you want to do

    Autobuild.parallel_build_level = 4

in autoproj/init.rb

Could you send me the content of /proc/cpuinfo (I parse that to
autodetect the parallel build level)

Note: I prefer that general questions go on rock-dev, that makes it
easier for other people to find recurrent answers ;-)