[Rock-dev] Autoproj : change the build dir of a package

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Nov 22 10:36:02 CET 2011

On 11/22/2011 10:19 AM, Charles Lesire-Cabaniols wrote:
> Are some Rock people using LWPR?
> How did you make autoproj build LWPR as an autotools_package?
>
> This autotools-based libraries that only support to be built in the
> source dir are really pissing off!
I just had a quick look. The only "bug" that forbids you to build in a
separate directory is the usage of $(top_srcdir) in example_c/Makefile.am

Just replace

cross_CFLAGS = -I$(top_srcdir)/../include

by

cross_CFLAGS = -I$(top_srcdir)/include

and everything is fine !

To make this change permanent, you can create a patch, put it in your
package set in a patches/ subdirectory and add

   patches:
$AUTOPROJ_SOURCE_DIR/patches/001_lwpr_fix_build_in_builddir.patch

to the corresponding entry in the source.yml's version_control: section.

Always remember that you must NOT delete a patch file from the package
set once it is there, or it will break the unpatching/patching process
for your users.