[Rock-dev] <base/motion_command.h>

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Wed Nov 30 13:01:29 CET 2011

> As we do not (as far as I know) replay motion command,
You don't, which does not mean that others don't. The amount of logs we
currently have will be made a lot harder to access *if* you want to get
data out of them.

> I also don't see any problems with updating logs.
There would be no problem if we had a well-tested-and-oiled process to
do so. We have made good progress in this direction, but that's far to
be perfect.

> And it is bad practice to 'grave types into stone'. If there is
> a good reason to change them do it. We introduced stable and
> master for this reason !
No we did not. The master-to-stable cycle is around 8 weeks. That's not
a lot of time. master-stable is there to test changes before they get
pushed to "normal" people. Not break backward compatibility whenever we
feel like it.

> Also I remember a rule that any type in base should have a
> timestamp anyway...
Absolutely not true. Any *sensor* data (i.e. base::samples::*) all need
to have a timestamp. For the others, it's open for discussion.
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics

!!! Achtung, neue Telefonnummer!!!