[Rock-dev] aggregator branch next is not compatible with orogen/aggregator

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Oct 11 11:46:30 CEST 2011

On 10/11/2011 11:37 AM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 11:31 +0200, Alexander Duda wrote:

>>> Ayeeee.
>>>
>>> The actual issue is documentation in this case.
>>>
>>> The drivers/aggregator from next should be self-sufficient, i.e. should
>>> not need a drivers/orogen/aggregator
>>>
>>> Sylvain
>> not only documentation
>> autoproj update drivers/transformer will break the build system because
>> of that if your flavor is next.
>   I meant drivers/orogen/aggregator
autoproj update should not break anything (if it does, that's a bug)

autoproj build will, but that's because you are installing two
incompatible packages.

One thing we always agreed on when we started master/next/stable is that
people that mix should know what they are doing. So, the question is:
why are you getting drivers/orogen/aggregator in the first place ? You
don't need it, so there's no need to build it.