[Rock-dev] Fwd: Re: Weekly report

Anita ana.vazquez.alonso at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:36:52 CEST 2011

Dear all,

This is a summary of what I've been doing this week in the ESA Summer of code:

I've started creating the cross compiler for ERC32, LEON2 and LEON3. I
sucesfully compiled binutils, gcc, newlib and RTEMS with the SPARC
cross compiler. I'm working right now in making boost and omniORB run
in SPARC/RTEMS.

In parallel, I'm trying to compile a more complex tutorial on RTEMS
x86 using rock-create-orogen. Due to this, initially I made the
mistake to compile several libraries like utimm, sisl, base/types, etc
using the cross
compiler for RTEMS.

I managed to compile some of these packages, but after several days I
crashed into
utilrb and then, I realized that make ruby works on top of RTEMS will
not be an easy job, and more important, it's probably not necessary at
all :(

As far as I understand, these libraries are used only by oroGen in
order to generate code from templates (but in the host computer, not
in the target).

The only modification needed in oroGen would be in the generation of
Makefiles, adding there support for RTEMS and the specified target. Am
I right?

Cheers!
Ana