[Rock-dev] base type Frame / compressed frame

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Fri Sep 16 19:25:10 CEST 2011

Some projects need the possibility to send compressed images from one
orocos task to an other orocos task. The first attempt was to create a
new base type for compressed frames but because there are some cameras
which can create compressed frames right away and we want to use the
same interface for all cameras we dropped the idea of creating a new
base type.

I started to modify and clean up the base type Frame to be capable of
storing compressed frames as well and pushed the changes to a new branch
called "compressed_frame".

Changes that should not break most of the code:
remove:
--> iterators
--> default constructor flag HDR
	use setHDR() instead
--> PixelTraits

add:
--> bool isCompressed()
--> void setHDR(bool)
--> init(width, height, depth, frame_mode_t, size, val)
	size = size in bytes of the image
--> Frame(width, height,depth,mode,size,data)
--> COMPRESSED_MODE
--> MODE_PJPG

the function at(int,int), and getRowSize() will throw a runtime
exception if the frame is compressed.

planed changes which will break some code:
--> move convertToCvMat to the lib FrameHelper
--> rename FrameHelper to something more meaningful
--> update documentation

You are welcome to try the new version. I will inform you before pushing
it to master.

Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda