[Rock-dev] Proposal for adding velocity information in base::actuators::Status

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Thu Apr 5 12:03:21 CEST 2012

Hello rocks,

In Sherpa robot we are receiving angular position and angular velocity
information of every joints in the robot every 40ms coming from the
lower level (FPGA and Monster).

The rock data type base:actuators::Status is the data type in rock for
joint information, which contains:

            struct MotorState {
             int      current;  //! current in mA
             double   position; //! position in radians
             double   positionExtern; //! position of external encoder
in radians
             float    pwm;      //! duty cycle in [-1; 1]

             MotorState()
                 : current(0), position(0), positionExtern(0), pwm(0) {}
         };

I was wondering which is the correct data type to store joint velocities
information and if any what about include it in base:actuators::Status

Any suggestion?

Javier.