[Rock-dev] port_proxy and orocos.txt files

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Thu Apr 19 12:24:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 11:28 +0200, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> Orocos.load now warns if two typekits define the same type. It also
> tells you which typekits are involved.
>
> The "hot" question is of course which level should be this message:
INFO
> or WARN. It is currently WARN.
>
> I prefer WARN as duplicating typekit code costs a lot in compilation
time.

> Thoughts ? Should it be downgraded ?

I don't really like having a lot of warnings during start up. It makes
the hole think unreadable and you no longer see thats really going on.
Therefore maybe we could summarize these warnings on the console and
write the full message into the log file. Something like:

"Multiple typekits define the same type see .. for more informations"

Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik