[Rock-dev] Orocos.rb: Cleanup + Non blocking access to remote tasks

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Wed Aug 1 10:59:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

I just want to let you know that I am working on orocos.rb (branch
asynchron) which will have some heavy effects on the following files
(the current api will not break):
- task_context.rb
- nameservice.rb
- rorocos.cc
- corba.cc

Please, if you planing to change one of these files give me a short note.
The following changes are planed:

* clean-up how a TaskContext get initialized
--> at the moment the code is scattered across 4 places
--> after the change you can simply do
TaskContext.new(name_or_ior,{nameservice_ip=>"",name_service_port=>""})

* Re-factor the code of TaskContext and move all base stuff into
TaskContextBase
--> TaskContextBase will be shared with Log::TaskContext and
TaskContextProxy

* TaskContextProxy.new(name_or_ior,options=nil)
--> non blocking access to remote task interfaces (double buffering)
--> auto reconnect
--> event driven call backs (this is a pain for ruby 1.8)
----> on_preconnect, on_connect, on_connected, on_disconnect

* Name service
--> move interface into a module to support mixin

* non blocking Corba Name Service
--> support for n nameservices (if someone is planing to use this we
also have to add code to avoid name clashes)

Any help or comments are appreciated
Greets Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda