[Rock-dev] A call for curated rock package sets

Thomas Roehr thomas.roehr at dfki.de
Wed Feb 22 16:26:43 CET 2012

On 22.02.2012 16:06, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> In the last few package additions to the rock package sets, EVERYTIME,
> the new package got added to the next&  stable flavors of the build.
>
> This is the "weak link" of the complete build system: when someone does
> that, he is breaking next and stable as well.
>
> I'm therefore calling for restricting the number of people that have the
> right to commit to the rock package sets. The other people will have to
> either send an email to rock-dev with the details about the new
> packages, or send a patch.
+1
ok with it, but don't really favour it. I see a benefit though spreading
the news on new packages
> The alternative is to start branching next and stable again. The reason
> why we stopped doing that is that it makes mixing the flavors that much
> harder (since the next and stable package sets are not updated)
>
> I'm officially voting +1 on commit rights on the package sets.
-1 for the already given reasons
> Comments ?
If wanting to avoid the permission solution a not so elegant solution,
but possibly effective one could be to split the configuration again
across multiple files (one per flavor), something like:
libs-master.autobuild
libs-next.autobuild
libs-stable.autobuild
Would create some redundancies though.