[Rock-dev] rock-widget-collection / StreamAlignerWidget

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Mon Feb 27 10:25:00 CET 2012

On Friday, February 24, 2012 05:22:19 PM Alexander Duda wrote:
> The rock_widget_collection was meant as collection of independent qt
> widgets developed for rock which can be shared with other qt users.
>
> Adding widgets to the collection which are highly specialized and are
> depending on other rock libraries than base is bad for all people who
> want to use the collection out side of rock
>
> Therefore for the case of the StreamAlignerWidget we should move it to
> an other library. For example vizkit would be a good place because the
> Transformer(StreamAligner) is now part of the Vizkit3DWidets.
>
> Any thoughts?
+1. Either its own package or vizkit itself.

However, while I accept the premises, I find that keeping the rock build broken
for a package that is as important as rock_widget_collection is not
acceptable, since the temporary workaround was as simple as adding a depends
tag in the manifest (I added that line on saturday)