[Rock-dev] Need help for naming (supervision-related)

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Fri Jan 6 15:23:48 CET 2012

On 01/06/2012 02:57 PM, Janosch Machowinski wrote:
> For 1 I would suggest do subdivide it further into :
> Autostart
> e.g. all the add_mission(foo) should go here for the different
> configurations
> And something like
> Defines or Specializations or perhaps both for the rest.
These directories hold no more than 5-10 files, splitting them in
smaller folders would IMO only complexify. Moreover:
  - they highly depend on each other, so keeping them in the same folder
    is a nice thing
  - the idea I had for these files was *not* to make an add / define
    separation, but a system separation (i.e. robot, simulated robot,
    testbench, ...). In this view, you can have both adds and defines
    specific to the same system

> Also I would suggest to rename config/orogen
> to so something like config/task_configuration
Does not make sense in the broader roby context, as roby has a notion of
task as well. config/orogen was meant to mean "configuration for orogen
tasks". Maybe config/orogen_tasks ?

> For 2 I'm not sure what it is about, could you perhaps shortly explain the
> 'new' layout ?
See proposal 2 in
   https://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/OngoingWork/App
--