[Rock-dev] Using external libraries without *.pc in pkgconfig

Thomas Roehr thomas.roehr at dfki.de
Mon Jan 16 16:37:04 CET 2012

On 16.01.2012 16:06, Christian Rauch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use an external library, that is fetch from the
> distributor side and than installed by calling make.
> As there is no *.pc.in file included in the sources nor installed in the
> 'pkgconfig' folder, the library cannot be found by orogen when building
> components with 'using_library'.
> Is there a way that such a library can be used without creating an own
> *.pc file? If not, is there a way to install such a file afterwards?
The pc file is required, thus you will have to create a patch.

Check
http://rock-robotics.org/documentation/autoproj/advanced/importers.html
last section "Patching the source once it is checked out/updated"

or for working examples in rock package set, e.g. hogman or tinyxml
https://gitorious.org/rock/package_set/

Best
Thomas

--