[Rock-dev] problems with connection to a remote task

Felix Rehrmann felix.rehrmann at dfki.de
Wed Jul 11 15:30:27 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a task running on a robot (SeekurJr). If I try to investigate the
task from my desktop via rock-display or use orops to show the tasks on
the robot (with arguement --host=<hostname>) the following error occures

/home/frehrmann/workspace/virck/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/corba.rb:143:in
`do_task_names': CORBA transient excepetion (Orocos::CORBA::ComError)
     from
/home/frehrmann/workspace/virck/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/corba.rb:143:in
`task_names'
     from /home/frehrmann/workspace/virck/tools/orocos.rb/bin/orops:26

That happens not all the time. In the past it already worked. I tried to
start and stop the nameserver and to delete the files
in var/lib/omniorb. That did not help, too. If I run the commands
directly on the robot they work.

So there is a connection to the nameserver but then it does not find
orocos or the tasks or something like that.

Has somebody an idea what the cause for the error could be or at least
how to track down the source of the error?

Thanks!
Felix

--

  Felix Rehrmann