[Rock-dev] Automatic invalidation of the RigidBodyState

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Jun 26 11:42:05 CEST 2012

I stumble VERY often (and just again) over code that simply uses the RBS
but does not call invalidate() on it.
An check if some values are invalid are useless if no one set's this.

I write components that does these checks, but if i depend on some
(beginners)
code that does not do the invalidation correctly i get into strange and
not easy to debug errors. (because i though i catched already
uninitialized values).

Because of this (even if i know we can trigger some bugs with this
change), i would really like to introduce an constructor on the rbs
which does this initialization if no one screams... opinions?

Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik