[Rock-dev] load_type "/logger/Annotations" dosn't work

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Mon Mar 12 10:30:11 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 10:06 +0100, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> I just updated since a longer time the seegrip project.
>
> I tried to adapted the logger marker changes, because the build for some
> base deployments fail.
> It was needed to load the logger/Marker type manually with the following
> command (because i manually configure the logger)
>
>   17         load_type "/logger/Annotations"

In which context do you use this method? It is neither defined in
tools/logger nor in tools/orocos.rb

> Now this dosn't work anymore, i tried to inclue the logger addionally
> manually with
>    9 using_task_library "logger"
>
> but without any luck, i still get the following error:
>      base_station.orogen:17: cannot find a typekit defining
> /logger/Annotations
Where do you include the logger? It will automatically be included if
you use a default deployment or if you add the tag add_default_logger

> Why isn't this type define?, in the logger its exported:
>
>   45 typekit do
>   46     export_types '/logger/Marker',
>   47         '/logger/Annotations'
>   48 end

It is defined. Have a look at
http://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/OngoingWork/LogMetadata

Furthermore there are some helper functions which can be called on any
logger.

#creates a log stream for annotations
create_log_annotations(stream_name,metadata=Hash.new)
#log a annotation
log_annotations(time,key,value,stream_name = "")

marker_stop(index,comment)
marker_abort(index,comment)
marker_event(comment)
marker_stop_all(comment)