[Rock-dev] load_type "/logger/Annotations" dosn't work

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Mon Mar 12 11:48:47 CET 2012

On 03/12/2012 11:18 AM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 10:55 +0100, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:

>>> In which context do you use this method? It is neither defined in
>>> tools/logger nor in tools/orocos.rb
>> It is in tools/orogen.
>>
>> This is not a runtime, but a compile-time issue. If you deploy a logger with
>>
>>     deployment 'logger_only' do
>>       add_default_logger
>>     end
>>
>> then the logger typekit is NOT loaded in this deployment as there are no
>> ports / properties that require it.
> Is this only the case for logger_only deployments? If yes, why should
> someone do something like this in the first place. We have default
> deployments.

Actually, the default deployment will have the exact same issue ... I'm
right now wondering why the annotations work in your setup ... Do you
deploy them with another task that is producing a Annotations type by
any chance ?

Moreover, default deployments don't work in Roby (not an issue for
Matthias, but an issue in general)