[Rock-dev] Enable SSE2 typedefs (emmintrin.h)

Leif Christensen leif.christensen at dfki.de
Wed May 2 19:09:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

on my 32 bit ubuntu, the compilation of components, that include
libelas/elas.h fails, because the type __m128i is not declared.

elas.h includes the mmx extension header emmintrin.h, which checks for
the define __SSE2__ and only then declares __m128i and others.

On my machine (where /proc/cpuinfo has the sse2 flag), __SSE2__ is
only defined if I add -msse2 to my cxx flags.

I would suggest to use something like FindSSE.cmake (for example from
http://gitorious.org/vc/vc/blobs/master/cmake/FindSSE.cmake) to check
for SSE-extensions and then use SSEx_FOUND in the CMakeList.txt files
of packages that use libelas, e.g.

IF(SSE2_FOUND)
 ADD_DEFINITIONS(-msse2)
ENDIF(SSE2_FOUND)
[...]

The only standard CMAKE_MODULE_PATH in rock seems to be
[...]/base/types/cmake, so we could put FindSSE.cmake there. There are
already other .cmake files, even though I don't know what they have to
do with base types.

Thoughts on that?

Regards,
Leif