[Rock-dev] GPSd-client Buildfailure

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Thu May 31 10:15:45 CEST 2012

On 31.05.2012 10:06, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 10:05 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> The gpsd_client is an interface to the linux-gpsd http://catb.org/gps
>> it support a lot of "cheap" out of the box gps modules (like gps-mouses
>> &  co).
>> We don't need to support each device by it's own, this is done by the
>> gpsd,
>> it should be an simple way to use standard gps modules.
> If you would have read the whole mail, I was telling you that this is
> duplicate work from Alex's GPSDTask in the drivers/orogen/gps package.
>
> Sylvain

Please be more friendly, yeah?.

I talked to janosch before, and he said that the driver is not generic.
i looked at the orogen and saw your mb500 dependency so i don't digged
in more, because i don't think everyone should depend on this specific
driver if he want to use an gps...

however, yeah the driver already support the gpsd as i NOW saw, but i
still think this should be separated from the specialized mb500 driver...

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik

  Hauptanschrift Standort Bremen: