[Rock-dev] base::samples::Pointcloud -> TraversabilityMap

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Nov 6 17:42:01 CET 2012

On 11/06/2012 05:17 PM, Stefan Haase wrote:
> Second (just some questions):
> 1. Do you have a short-one-sentence explanation what's controlled by the
> following parameters:
> - MLSProjection::use_uncertainty
> - MLSProjection::use_negative_informations
> - MLSSlope::corrected_step_threshold
> - MLSSlope::use_stddev (generates quite useless traversability maps if
> set to true)
I cannot reply for MLSProjection.

corrected_step_threshold: the operator calculates the step between two
adjacent cells, but corrects it by the local slope. The idea is that if
the local slope is high, then the step that the robot "sees" (i.e. the
one that we should compare with the ground clearance) is less than the
one calculated by comparing the two adjacent cells. In principle, it
should be set to the robot's ground clearance

use_stddev: whether the system should use the cells standard deviation
to calculate the worstcase difference between two adjacent cells. If you
have high standard deviation, it probably makes a completely
non-traversable maps.

> 2. slam/envire/viz/ TraversabilityGridVisualization uses the constant
> band name 'grid_data' (empty in my case) instead of 'traversability'
> (contains the required data).
> What's wrong here?
It should be made a parameter (i.e. Q_PROPERTY) of the visualization plugin.
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics

!!! Achtung, neue Telefonnummer!!!