[Rock-dev] Removal of test deployments in oroGen projects

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Nov 20 11:38:06 CET 2012

On 11/20/2012 11:32 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> On 20.11.2012 11:30, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
>> Since one can now use "default deployments" (i.e. you don't have to
>> define a deployment but can use the 'my::Task' =>  '
>> 'task_name' syntax in Orocos.run or rock-run my::Task), I would like to
>> remove most deployments currently defined in the oroGen projects (some
>> of them are still important as roby/syskit does not support default
>> deployments yet).
>>
>> What triggers this is that (1) it would be welcome cleanup and (2) the
>> ROS integration is using catkin scripts which forcefully define a 'test'
>> target. Since it is pretty common that the deployments are called
>> 'test', it breaks the build.
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>>
> +1,
>
> but why we cant consistend and remove the ones for roby/syskit too
> (and/or extend roby/siskit) before walking thought all packages
Because the tooling does not support it currently ?

Only a very few needs to be kept (namely, the transformer broadcaster in
drivers/orogen/transformer) and implementing it properly in syskit will
be a bit challenging (how do you NAME the task ?), so I really don't see
the point here ...
> Remarks: the testscripts should be adapted too, and of cource
> rock-create-orogen (i think this still created an "test-one")
Ack. rock-create-orogen does not create one anymore on master.

--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Senior Researcher

Space & Security Robotics