[Rock-dev] Deploying an Orogen component from the OCL Deployer

Charles Lesire-Cabaniols charles.lesire at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:40:12 CET 2012

2012/11/23 Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de>

> On 11/23/2012 07:49 AM, Charles Lesire-Cabaniols wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created an Orogen component and I try to deploy it with the OCL
>> Deployer.
>> The component is correctly loaded, but its associated typekit is not!
>>
>> For instance, with the MessageProducer component (from the first Rock
>> tutorials), the deployer complains that:
>>
>> ~/work/rock$ deployer-gnulinux
>> 0.102 [ ERROR  ][DeploymentComponent::**configure] Could not load
>> library '/home/lesire/work/rock/**install/lib/orocos/libport_**
>> proxy-tasks-gnulinux.so':
>> 0.103 [ ERROR  ][DeploymentComponent::**configure]
>> /home/lesire/work/rock/**install/lib/orocos/libport_**proxy-tasks-gnulinux.so:
>> undefined symbol: _ZN11omni_thread6init_tD1Ev
>> 0.174 [ ERROR  ][DeploymentComponent::**configure] could not load
>> library '/home/lesire/work/rock/**install/lib/orocos/types/**
>> libmessage_producer-typekit-**gnulinux.so': /home/lesire/work/rock/**
>> install/lib/orocos/libport_**proxy-tasks-gnulinux.so: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN11omni_thread6init_tD1Ev
>>
>> And then the message_procuder types and unknown.
>>
>> The symbol is not defined because the typekit does not link to any
>> omniorb library, which is a good thing anyway!
>>
>> Any idea how to fix it?
>>
> Two issues here:
>  - the deployer tries to load the port_proxy tasks. Are you actually
> trying to really load it ? Can you check whether message_producer-tasks-**gnulinux
> links to port_proxy-tasks-gnulinux ?

I just starts the deployer... port_proxy is within the default
RTT_COMPONENT_PATH as it is installed in lib/orocos.
I checked that message_producer-tasks-gnulinux was linked to
port_proxy-tasks-gnulinux just before sending my first email... since then,
I added others rock packages to my current layout, everything has been
rebuilt, and now it is not linked anymore :\ and hence the last deployer
error message disappeared!

>  - the port_proxy tasks should link to corba libraries because,
> unfortunately, "someone" decided to add some corba name resolution stuff in
> there (/me takes his big fluffy hammer and goes to friendly hit that
> "someone").

And then, can I hope this to be fixed soon?