[Rock-dev] "Nice" cmake changes in 2.8.9

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de
Tue Oct 9 10:40:02 CEST 2012

I just discovered, that cmake in version 2.8.9rc1 not accept strings for
the

FOO_FOUND variable in .cmake files.

Background:
if you are searching packaged via

find_package(SOME_PACKAGE)

cmake expects that SOME_PACKAGE_FOUND is set, in the past this could be
an string, now it seems cmake only accepts true as the real value.
This caused cmake to abort because the package is not found (even the
FindSOME_PACAKGE.cmake file was found).
I just fixed this on our tools/rtt package, but you might got have
similar bugs in future so keep this in mind.

So if your FindFOO.cmake script dies something like this:

set(OROCOS-RTT_FOUND ${OROCOS-RTT_IMPORT_FILE})

you need to change it to (and pray that the contend is not used
anyhow/anywhere):

set(OROCOS-RTT_FOUND true)

Matthias

--