[Rock-dev] Tags in the manifest.xml file

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Tue Oct 9 11:03:31 CEST 2012

On 10/09/2012 10:59 AM, Javier Hidalgo Carrió wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to compile my task with debug options: something like gcc -Wall ...
> and I was wondering if there is any connection with the <tags> ...
> <\tags> in the manifest handle by autoproj.
> is this connected to the ORO_LOG_LEVEL
>
> Could someone explain what is the utility if those tags in the manifest
> and how to use them?
   1. -Wall is always enabled by default when using Rock cmake macros
   2. by default, packages are built in CMake's Debug mode
   3. if the needs_opt tag is used, it is built in RelWithDebInfo (O1
and debug info). Less useful for debugging, but some packages get so
much of a performance hit when optimization is turned off that it might
be required.
   4. if the stable tag is used, it is built in Release mode (O3 and no
debug info)

The rest of the tags were meant to make the package collection search
easier. However, we never did fill them ...