[Rock-dev] "Nice" cmake changes in 2.8.9

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Oct 9 11:37:55 CEST 2012

On 09.10.2012 11:14, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 10/09/2012 11:12 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> On 09.10.2012 10:56, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
>>> collection using cmake 2.9.1 on my Debian without any problems.
>> It's the current debian testing version i use. So maybe yeah it's a
>> cmake fault, but the patch shouldn’t hurt in general.
> Agreed, makes things clearer. I would just like to be sure that we
> don't have a more in-depth problem somewhere (see below).
>> I got the same problem on several installations, and traced them to this
>> point.
>> I pushed already the change, to rtt, you sure you not used the patched
>> version?
> Yes, built them a week or two ago.
Strange, might be that this was an cmake bug, which is already fixed in
the 2.9 version...

> After digging a bit, I think that you are actually not fixing the
> actual problem, only a symptom of it. Could you detail what generates
> an error (find_package does not generate an error by itself from the
> tests I have done)

(by the way this was fixed also on
ed0840bf251c565bfc5f3bf67cd242e97fd1fbb3 which is currently not in our
master line (only on rtt_next branch))

The complete error message is:

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Found PkgConfig: /usr/bin/pkg-config (found version "0.26")
Detected OROCOS_TARGET environment variable. Using: gnulinux
Orocos-RTT found in
/home/goldhoorn/autoprojes/limes/install/lib/cmake/orocos-rtt/orocos-rtt-gnulinux-libraries.cmake
-- Found orocos-rtt 2.5.0 for the gnulinux target. Available transports:
corba mqueue
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:18 (find_package):
   Found package configuration file:

/home/goldhoorn/autoprojes/limes/install/lib/cmake/orocos-rtt/orocos-rtt-config.cmake

   but it set OROCOS-RTT_FOUND to FALSE so package "OROCOS-RTT" is
considered
   to be NOT FOUND.

Greetings,
Matthias