[Rock-dev] Fwd: OrientationView Widget - Unclear coordinate system

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Mon Oct 15 10:52:50 CEST 2012

On 15.10.2012 10:31, Javier Hidalgo Carrió wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 10:24 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> Morning,
>> seems reasonable :D
>>
> reasonable? The pitch is pointing down in the rigidbodystate
> visualization on the right while pointing up (to the sky) in the
> OrientationView widget (left)...
> Should not it point downwards?
was a joke, the rbs viz in vizkit3d should be correct, please check if
the error cames from the ArtificialHorizon widget itself.
I just checked the widget itself:

irb(main):004:0> w = Vizkit.default_loader.ArtificialHorizon
irb(main):011:0> w.setPitch(10.0/180*Math::PI)
irb(main):013:0> Vizkit.process_events

And the view looks "up", this means it's wrong. you could correct this
inside of the widget itself.
If needed an this "y-forward" flag to the ruby implementation of the
widget (defaulf of).

Matthias

  E-Mail:   matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de