[Rock-dev] [roby] using of the state_machine

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Fri Apr 12 08:32:43 CEST 2013

...an given define is working...

e.g.

     define "mantis_walker",
Limes::MantisWalker.use(mantis_control_loop_def)

     describe('moves the robot in a forward direction').
          optional_arg('speed_x',"The walking speed").
          optional_arg('time_out',"The walking speed")
     state_machine "walk" do
         cmp = state mantis_walker_def(:speed_x => speed_x, :time_out =>
time_out)
         start(cmp)
     end

P.S. is there a way to forward all arguments diretly instead
re-assigning all of them manually?

But i would prefer the way to directly use compositions there.
I don't need to call some Compositions, and for them, and the use of
them within an state machine i need an forwarding-define.
Thats slightly annoying.

Second, why we need defines in general?, Couldn't we make Compositions
Transparent, so that everywhere (also inside the shell) an Composition
can be called directly?
Don't see (currently) the point to make an differentiation here.

Matthias